Friday, February 24, 2012

Large Parameter Sring

I am using a string for the querystring of a report, and I am passing in parameters to substitute values. However, one of the parameters is over 1200 characters long and when I run the report from the designer it executes, but when I run it from report manager it doesn't run the report, and I don't receive any errors, and nothing shows up in the error logs. Please let me know if there are some kind of limitations on the amount of data a parameter can pass in a string data typeYou are probably hitting this URL limitation:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q208/4/27.ASP
Currently, there is no workarond.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
"pietrzbm" <pietrzbm@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:62AB9382-CCD8-466C-A36A-71462D174638@.microsoft.com...
> I am using a string for the querystring of a report, and I am passing in
parameters to substitute values. However, one of the parameters is over
1200 characters long and when I run the report from the designer it
executes, but when I run it from report manager it doesn't run the report,
and I don't receive any errors, and nothing shows up in the error logs.
Please let me know if there are some kind of limitations on the amount of
data a parameter can pass in a string data type

No comments:

Post a Comment