Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Latest Build

Morning~
What is the latest build of SS2K5 and where may I inquire as to a link to
where I may download it.
Currently running SP2 build 3042
--
Thanks ...
J. KuschThe latest build I know of is 3175, a cumulative package including several
hotfixes. You can get the hotfix through PSS if you open a case and can
demonstrate that your environment has symptoms that at least one of the
hotfixes address.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936305
The latest *public* build I know is 3152. Unless you are directly affected
by one of the problems fixed as of 3175, this is the one I recommend
obtaining... since publicly available hotfixes are generally much "safer"
and tested than those that can only be obtained through PSS to fix specific
problems.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933097
--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP
"Jay Kusch" <JayKusch@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:78B0C5D4-FE38-4AFA-A3BC-9194EA79E1C6@.microsoft.com...
> Morning~
> What is the latest build of SS2K5 and where may I inquire as to a link to
> where I may download it.
> Currently running SP2 build 3042
> --
> Thanks ...
> J. Kusch|||I requested Build 3175 thru /kb/936305 but they told me the hotfix for
platform x86 is unavailable? I apply SP2 on active node of SQL Server 2005
Std active/passive, one instance. an error popup says "A recently applied
update, KB921896, failed to install" but installation completed and when
select @.@.version, it says "9.00.3042.00" which is SP2. Database Engine is
the only thing installed, all is working fine except when I start configuring
DBMail and received "activation failure". After searching online, MSDN forum
says Build 3175 will fix this along with Maintenence Plan that's also broke
by applying SP2. Can someone please tell me how can I obtain Build 3175?
Thank you in advance for your help.
"Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]" wrote:
> The latest build I know of is 3175, a cumulative package including several
> hotfixes. You can get the hotfix through PSS if you open a case and can
> demonstrate that your environment has symptoms that at least one of the
> hotfixes address.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936305
> The latest *public* build I know is 3152. Unless you are directly affected
> by one of the problems fixed as of 3175, this is the one I recommend
> obtaining... since publicly available hotfixes are generally much "safer"
> and tested than those that can only be obtained through PSS to fix specific
> problems.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933097
> --
> Aaron Bertrand
> SQL Server MVP
>
>
> "Jay Kusch" <JayKusch@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:78B0C5D4-FE38-4AFA-A3BC-9194EA79E1C6@.microsoft.com...
> > Morning~
> >
> > What is the latest build of SS2K5 and where may I inquire as to a link to
> > where I may download it.
> >
> > Currently running SP2 build 3042
> > --
> > Thanks ...
> >
> > J. Kusch
>
>|||Maybe this link helps:
http://sqlserverbuilds.blogspot.com/
--
Ekrem Ã?nsoy
"Li" <Li@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:07EE0796-C500-41B6-9D0F-6907285376FF@.microsoft.com...
>I requested Build 3175 thru /kb/936305 but they told me the hotfix for
> platform x86 is unavailable? I apply SP2 on active node of SQL Server
> 2005
> Std active/passive, one instance. an error popup says "A recently applied
> update, KB921896, failed to install" but installation completed and when
> select @.@.version, it says "9.00.3042.00" which is SP2. Database Engine is
> the only thing installed, all is working fine except when I start
> configuring
> DBMail and received "activation failure". After searching online, MSDN
> forum
> says Build 3175 will fix this along with Maintenence Plan that's also
> broke
> by applying SP2. Can someone please tell me how can I obtain Build 3175?
> Thank you in advance for your help.
> "Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]" wrote:
>> The latest build I know of is 3175, a cumulative package including
>> several
>> hotfixes. You can get the hotfix through PSS if you open a case and can
>> demonstrate that your environment has symptoms that at least one of the
>> hotfixes address.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936305
>> The latest *public* build I know is 3152. Unless you are directly
>> affected
>> by one of the problems fixed as of 3175, this is the one I recommend
>> obtaining... since publicly available hotfixes are generally much "safer"
>> and tested than those that can only be obtained through PSS to fix
>> specific
>> problems.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933097
>> --
>> Aaron Bertrand
>> SQL Server MVP
>>
>>
>> "Jay Kusch" <JayKusch@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:78B0C5D4-FE38-4AFA-A3BC-9194EA79E1C6@.microsoft.com...
>> > Morning~
>> >
>> > What is the latest build of SS2K5 and where may I inquire as to a link
>> > to
>> > where I may download it.
>> >
>> > Currently running SP2 build 3042
>> > --
>> > Thanks ...
>> >
>> > J. Kusch
>>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment