Friday, March 30, 2012

Layout incorrect when using ReportViewer

Please can someone help me with this.

I have created a very simple SQL report which has a title, Image, 3 subtitles and some data fields.

When I view it is my VS designer and preview it looks perfect, however when I deploy and view the the report through my ReportViewer control all the labels get moved around and the entire thing is a mess.

If I then export it to PDF it looks perfect again... I am sure I am missing something obvious but I can't find it.

I have done absolutely no expression formatting or coding at all. It's a plain SQL query and plain result textboxes.

Could be that something is overlapping in your report. Make sure that none of the components or fields are overlapping even slightly with each other. Overlapping items usually do not get rendered correctly when viewed on HTML.

-Aayush

|||

Aayush Goyal wrote:

Could be that something is overlapping in your report. Make sure that none of the components or fields are overlapping even slightly with each other. Overlapping items usually do not get rendered correctly when viewed on HTML.

-Aayush

It actually turned out to be a combination of two things, I had some overlapping but it still failed after I fixed that. I then checked it in IE and it worked this time.

Now I need to find out why it is not working in Firefox?

No comments:

Post a Comment