Friday, March 30, 2012

Launch a URL from TSQL code [URGENT]

Hi Folks,

I am a SQL Server DBA but I am new to real TSQL programming. I have a question as explained below and any help (soon) will be appreciated.

I want to invoke a web page from within a TSQL code:
1) Is it possible to do this?
2) If yes, how?
3) Can I call a web page from command prompt?

Please help me on this - this is quite urgent for me.

Thanks a lot!

Astha1) I was able to invoke the webpage by typing this at the command prompt

c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://www.google.com

however somehow the same not working when i tried it using xp_cmdshell ...

SQL gurus ... any ideas why ??|||Thanks Enigma :)

This really helped and was fine with what I needed. However, when running this from xp_cmdshell - I guess you should use with CMD .

Thanks again.

Astha

No comments:

Post a Comment