Friday, March 30, 2012

Layout

Just a general note. I'm a .NET developer and enjoy the setup that visual
studio gives me when editing and working with my projects. I have a dual
screen setup and like to build my environment around it to increase my
productivity. I noticed that in the release of the new SQL 2005 Management
Studio there are a number of enhancements but one that I'd like is that when
I'm working with a specific table or view or anything, I should be able to
split up the components onto my different screens so that I can maximize my
space. So perhaps to have the query on one dockable window, the table in
another and the SQL in another. If I switch to another query or stored
procedure then all of those windows should be maintained but for the new
information.
Thanks.Send an e-mail to:
sqlwish@.microsoft.com
Adam Machanic
SQL Server MVP
http://www.datamanipulation.net
--
"Andrew Middleton" <Andrew Middleton@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:BB7ADCA7-E3CC-4CF9-A779-6ECD2E2EA741@.microsoft.com...
> Just a general note. I'm a .NET developer and enjoy the setup that visual
> studio gives me when editing and working with my projects. I have a dual
> screen setup and like to build my environment around it to increase my
> productivity. I noticed that in the release of the new SQL 2005
Management
> Studio there are a number of enhancements but one that I'd like is that
when
> I'm working with a specific table or view or anything, I should be able to
> split up the components onto my different screens so that I can maximize
my
> space. So perhaps to have the query on one dockable window, the table in
> another and the SQL in another. If I switch to another query or stored
> procedure then all of those windows should be maintained but for the new
> information.
> Thanks.|||> productivity. I noticed that in the release of the new SQL 2005
> Management
> Studio there are a number of enhancements but one that I'd like
Please use the SQL Server 2005 newsgroups.
http://www.aspfaq.com/sql2005/show.asp?id=1

No comments:

Post a Comment