Friday, March 30, 2012

Layout problem

Layout problem -
I've created a report with the wizard and it looks fine.
It have a TITLE, a few SUB TITLES (all are textbox with values) and a textbox with JUMP TO link that use as a back button. beneath is a table.

Whan I run ut it look fine (In the first page there is the header and underneath there is the table) but I've noticed that whan the report have more then one page, all of my header (e.g. TITLE,SUBTITLE,BUTTON) is not showen in the second page and above and only the table is.

I've tried to move the title to the header part but it give me an error the the value of the textbox in the header refers to a field and field can't be use in a page header.

Can anybody help me with the title part to make it visible in all pages?

Thank alot in advance,
Roy.

Firstly, there is no way to specify that an item should appear on all pages.

However, you do have a few options:

Can you change the textbox contents so it doesn't refrence a field but a parameter instead?|||Hi.
1) the first solution is no good since i can't (I'm getting one value as parameter and need to get his match value from the db)
2) I didn't quit get that part, can you please explain me again?
3) ok, this look like a solution, but it realy not that nice.
To make the header look like he is now i'll need a table with only header for my first header line and another tabke with just a header a 5 cells for each value i want to show.
meanwhile it look like the only solution i have.

I wrote to myself your comment about the display in the exporting! Its importent.

Thank,
Roy.|||

A list control allows you to define grouping in your data. It also has the option of adding a page break before/after each group. For export to Excel this forces each group onto a separate tab.

If you drop a table or matrix into a list control then you can control how the data is groupped and hence paged by setting the attibutes of the list control.

So as an example imagine I have a query with 5 fields (or dimensions) country, sales person, month, product and sales amount. My target audience aim to export to Excel. I can configure the report so that in excel it will end up having a tab per country, on each tab have a grid per sales person and in the grid have month and product on the rows and columns. This can be achieved using a matrix nested inside 2 list controls. List 1 groupped by country with a page break, list 2 groupped by sales person with no page break and the other 2 fileds in the matrix.

The point is, you can then include textboxes within the lists and they will repeat in a similar fassion.

Once again, paging in the web will potentially break certain pages up further if they are too long. 400 pages in the web doesn't mean there will be 400 tabs in Excel.

|||

Thanks heaps ! this post did help me with finding a solution for another problem of exporting data to multiple worksheets in Excel.

Nadeem

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment